Tuesday, March 27, 2007

hero in a half shell, TURTLE POWER!

so today was my lil brothers b-day....and we went to go see TMNT (the hip, new abreviation for that beloved wacky creation that is 'teenage mutant ninja turtles').
ah yes, the intro...about four young turtles transformed by toxic goo, named after the great renaissance masters and trained in the ancient arts of the ninja brought me way back to when i used to watch this stuff when i was a kid....and yes...the movie was good....and so i drew a turtle...i wanna do a crazy angled one of all four of the turtles, but this will have to suffice for tonite. off to go watch kat on miami ink!

(oh yes, and because it seems unhip to sign my complete name on everything....im trying out new lil' sigies to see if i can sign art the new hip way.....damn you hipsters!)

and 20 minutes later.......a quick sketch of kat from miami ink

2 comments:

KAHNEHTEH said...

I don't understand what you mean when you say '...when you used to watch this stuff I was a kid'. WHA?! C'mon, girl - you're still a KID! Haha! Just kidding. just kidding...but not by much! Well, however old you are, you still floor me with the TMNT image.

Oh, and cute girls with full, pouty lips? That's tops! Great job.

Eric.

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

AWESOME! Turtle looks great. I was never into TMNT, but I really do want to see this movie.