Monday, February 4, 2008

because I'm just a girl....


Take this pink ribbon off my eyes
Im exposed
And its no big surprise
Dont you think I know
Exactly where I stand
This world is forcing me
To hold your hand

cause Im just a girl, oh little ol me
Well dont let me out of your sight
Oh Im just a girl, all pretty and petite
So dont let me have any rights
Oh... Ive had it up to here!

The moment that I step outside
So many reasons
For me to run and hide
I cant do the little things I hold so dear
cause its all those little things
That I fear

cause Im just a girl,
Id rather not be
cause they wont let me drive
Late at night
Oh Im just a girl,
Guess Im some kind of freak
cause they all sit and stare
With their eyes
Oh Im just a girl,
Take a good look at me
Just your typical prototype
Oh... Ive had it up to here!

Oh... am I making myself clear?
Im just a girl
Im just a girl in the world...
Thats all that youll let me be!

Oh Im just a girl, living in captivity
Your rule of thumb
Makes me worry some
Woh Im just a girl, whats my destiny?
What Ive succumbed to
Is making me numb
Oh Im just a girl, my apologies
What Ive become is so burdensome
Oh Im just a girl, lucky me
Twiddle-dum theres no comparison

Oh... Ive had it up to!
Oh... Ive had it up to!!
Oh oh oh oh oh ... Ive had it up to here.

No comments: